Xleq Tips - Useful Excel Shortcut Keys
Excel, like any great software, has many excellent keyboard shortcuts. Here are some of the best.
- Ctrl+; —Inserts today's date.
- Ctrl+Shift+:—Inserts the current time (the colon is what is in a clock reading, like 12:00).
- Ctrl+Shift+#—Changes the format of a date.
- Ctrl+5—Applies a strikethrough to the text in a cell.
- Ctrl+0— Hides the current column.
- Ctrl+9—Hides the current row.
- Ctrl+F6—Switches between open workbooks (that is, open Excel files in different windows).
- Ctrl+`—That's the accent mark, up by the 1 key. This combo toggles the view in the sheet to show all the formulas.
- Ctrl+PageUp or PageDown—Quick shift between the sheets in the currently open workbook.
- F2—Start editing the current selected cell (much faster than double-clicking).
- Shift+F10—Opens the right-click menu for the cell you're in.
Excel Development Projects from Xlteq
Global Headcount Reporting
Client investment portfolios